Fear Comes Home
Set within a sinister plantation mansion in modern-day rural America and taking place after the dramatic events of Resident Evil 6, players experience the terror directly from the first-person perspective for the first time in the Resident Evil series. Embodying the iconic gameplay elements of exploration and tense atmosphere that first coined "survival horror" some twenty years ago, Resident Evil 7 biohazard delivers a disturbingly realistic experience that will define the next era in horror entertainment.
- Opening the doors to a new era of horror - The next major entry in the renowned Resident Evil series makes a dramatic new shift as it comes to next-generation consoles and PlayStation VR
- Returning to the series' roots - Resident Evil 7: Biohazard will deliver an experience reminiscent of the series' signature gameplay including exploration, puzzles and a realistic tense atmosphere for players to encounter but will offer a complete refresh of the gameplay systems to propel the survival horror experience to the next level.
- Immersive, visceral horror - A new shift for the series to first-person-view brings the terrifying horror directly up close and personal; PSVR compatibility heightens the chilling experience even more.
- Built from the ground up on the RE Engine - Capcom's brand new VR compatible development engine works in tandem with industry-leading audio and visual technologies to create a disturbingly photorealistic experience for an unprecedented level of immersion
- Combat - The exhilaration you feel after overcoming insurmountable terror is what makes combat such an integral part of the Resident Evil formula. Combat from the new Isolated View perspective makes you feel closer to the action than ever before. The Baker family aren't the only ones lurking in the house – be prepared to take on some truly terrifying creatures too.
- Molded - These slimy, jet-black creatures are known as "Molded." They attack with long, sharp claws, and don't go down easily. You can try blasting their limbs off, but the only way to stop them for good is to destroy the central nervous system - aim for the head.
- Exploration - The horror unfolds on a dilapidated farm in the American South. Leave no stone unturned if you wish to find a way out and escape with your life. Myriad obstacles and mysteries block your path to freedom. The satisfaction of solving mind-boggling puzzles is another cornerstone of true survival horror.
- Item Management - You're on your own to survive. Ammunition and healing items are scarce, and the amount you can carry is even more limited. What will you take with you, and when will you use what? Your fate rests on your judgment. As you explore, you'll find many items to help you survive. Some will help you in combat, some will heal your wounds, and some may help you find a way forward. Be wary of some, however, that may serve no useful purpose at all.