Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition includes:
- Monster Hunter World base game
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Expansion
Welcome to the Hoarfrost Reach!
A flock of Legiana were spotted fleeing from the Ancient Forest. Sensing they were on the cusp of something unusual, the Research Commission decided to board the Third Fleet's airship and crossed the sea in pursuit. What they found past the rough seas was a new landmass, locked beneath snow and ice.
- Unleash Your Hunting Spirit! - Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is a brand new expansion for Monster Hunter: World. A new world awaits, with more powerful monsters, and challenging master rank quests!
- A New Locale: Hoarfrost Reach - A cold, inhospitable region, covered in snow and ice. It may look inhospitable, but it's teeming with unique endemic life. Hoarfrost Reach has a variety of different areas. As you continue your investigations, you'll uncover more parts of the map, eventually culminating in the largest locale in Monster Hunter: World!
- A New Elder Dragon - Many thought it to be nothing but a mere myth.. but there it is.. Velkhana! An elder dragon with the power to freeze all in its path. According to ancient legend, it can freely control the cold and unleash an icy blast of breath.
- More Monsters - With a new area comes new monsters to fight! Many discoveries are still being made but hunters will be able to encounter Nargacuga, Beotodus, Banbaro, Shrieking Legiana and the infamous Tigrex.
- New Headquarters: Seliana - A new base built as the headquarters for investigations in the Hoarfrost Reach. It's complete with a variety of useful facilities and features to rival those of Astera, all of which are powered by the land's plentiful geothermal energy. Seliana features all of the same facilities that are essential to your investigations, such as the Ecological Research Center, the Smithy, the Resource Center, and the rest. Additionally, Seliana's layout was designed to ensure even easier accessibility to each of the facilities. The Steamworks is a new facility in Seliana that burns fuel to create steam, which is used to power the rest of the facilities in the new HQ!
Fuel accumulates automatically after completing quests. You can also obtain it in exchange for items and ore materials. By collecting fuel and using it to help out at the Steamworks, you can earn all sorts of extra items! Use fuel (points) to help the Steamworks make steam for the base! You'll obtain items based on how well you perform in a mini-game that challenges you to guess correct button combinations. Try it out in-between quests!