The Divine is dead. The Void approaches. And the powers lying dormant within you are soon to awaken. The battle for Divinity has begun. Choose wisely and trust sparingly; darkness lurks within every heart.
Set 1000 years after the events of Divinity: Original Sin, you are the Godwoken, powerful wielders of Source magic. Oppressed by the Divine Order under the belief that Source magic has brought the Voidwoken to the once-peaceful world of Rivellon, you must restore hope and become the God it desperately needs. Only one of you, however, will be able to become the new Divine.
Enter a world of near-endless possibilities in a sandbox RPG like no other. Create a character or take on the role as one of the 6 Origin Stories and adventure through a land that constantly reacts to who you are, and what you do. Each with their own stories, often conflicting with one another, friendships will be tested in and out of combat. Harness the elements and combine powerful Source magic and wield hundreds of skills. Combine fire, ice, poison, rain, and more. Imbue these elements with cursed energy. Battle to survive Divinity: Original Sin 2’s lauded tactical combat. Solve quests and puzzles in almost countless ways.
The Definitive Edition brings thousands of changes based on critic and player feedback since the original launch. New features such as the journal, map markers, tutorials and a new difficulty mode, as well as a complete rework of the game’s final act makes this highly acclaimed RPG even better.
Who will you be?
A flesh-eating Elf, an Imperial Lizard or an Undead, risen from the grave? Discover how the world reacts differently to who - or what - you are.
It’s time for a new Divinity!
Gather your party and develop relationships with your companions. Blast your opponents in deep, tactical, turn-based combat. Use the environment as a weapon, use height to your advantage, and manipulate the elements themselves to seal your victory.
Ascend as the God that Rivellon so desperately needs.
Explore the vast and layered world of Rivellon alone or in a party of up to 4 players in drop-in/drop-out cooperative play. Go anywhere, unleash your imagination, and explore endless ways to interact with the world. Beyond Rivellon, there’s more to explore in the brand-new PvP hot-seat mode.
- Choose your race and origin. Choose from 6 unique origin characters with their own backgrounds and quests, or create your own as a Human, Lizard, Elf, Dwarf, or Undead. All choices have consequences.
- Unlimited freedom to explore and experiment. Go anywhere, talk to anyone, and interact with everything! Kill any NPC without sacrificing your progress and speak to every animal. Even ghosts might be hiding a secret or two…
- The next generation of turn-based combat. Blast your opponents with elemental combinations. Use height to your advantage. Master over 200 skills in 12 skill schools
- Up to 4 player online and dynamic split-screen multiplayer. Play with your friends online or in local split-screen with drop-in, drop-out multiplayer.
- PVP Hot-seat mode: battle your friends in round-robin, hero to hero!
- Story Mode: a new difficulty mode for players who wish to enjoy the lauded narrative, but still want to enjoy the combat!
- An entirely re-written journal to catalogue your journey and reflect on your quests.
- Built for consoles: an in-depth RPG experience that feels right with gamepads.
- Character romances, disagreements, and unique quest-lines pushing the boundaries between fellowship and feud!
- Race and Origin traits that change the state of the world depending on who you are. Undead are attacked on sight, but pick locks with their fingers! Elves may eat the flesh of the fallen to remember distant memories…