A new light shines on the Alola region!
Take on the role of a Pokémon Trainer and uncover new tales, and unravel the mystery behind the two forms reminiscent of the Legendary Pokémon. With new story additions and features, this earns Pokémon™ Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon the name "Ultra!" Another adventure is about to begin!
New Pokémon forms have been discovered in the Alola region in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon! These forms are reminiscent of the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma, first revealed in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Head out on an epic journey as you solve the mystery behind these fascinating Pokémon! In this expanded adventure, get ready to explore more of the Alola region, catch more amazing Pokémon, and battle more formidable foes in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon!
- A Powered-Up Rotom Dex! - The Rotom Dex is a special item. It's a Pokédex - a tool that records information about the Pokémon that you find and catch during your adventures - but with a Rotom inside! (Rotom is a Pokémon that is able to enter various electronic appliances.) In your adventures in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, you'll grow closer to Rotom the more you communicate with it, and as you do, it will come to help you even more in your journey. Rotom's personality will change based on how you communicate with it. Perhaps the Rotom that joins you on your adventure will come to act a bit like you! Deepen your bonds with Rotom as you travel around the world of Alola! It'll make your adventure more lively and support you on your way!
- Introducing Roto Loto - Roto Loto is a feature that lets you get items from your Rotom Dex as you get closer to Rotom. These special items that you get from your Rotom Dex's Roto Loto come in different varieties, with some increasing the Exp. Points or prize money that you receive for a set period of time, while others might make it easier to catch Pokémon or have other effects. You may choose to use these Rotom Powers from your Bag whenever you'd like!
- Use Z-Moves Again with Rotom's Z-Power - If you become close enough with Rotom, it'll use a special power for you called Rotom's Z-Power! This lets you use a second Z-Move in battle, even though you're normally limited to using only one Z-Move per battle!
- Ride the Waves with Mantine Surf! - In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, you'll be able to have fun with Mantine Surf, a sport that lets you do some surfing while riding on Mantine's back. Mantine Surf isn't just a way to get between islands - it's also a sport where you compete for the highest score by pulling off different cool moves! Try to become a top-notch Mantine Surfer by riding Mantine like a pro!
- Dash Around Alola with Ride Pokémon - Once you get the Ride Pager item, you'll be able to go on Ride Pokémon and reach places you couldn't get to before. As you progress through your adventure, you'll meet and then gain access to various Ride Pokémon. Dash through the world of Alola with the help of Pokémon!
- Take Great Photos with the Alola Photo Club - Take all sorts of photos with the Pokémon you like at the brand-new Alola Photo Club! You choose the Pokémon to appear together with you in the photo, as well as your outfit, the background, camera angle, and more, so you can take the perfect picture. Get an amazing photo with your favourite Pokémon and show it off to your friends! After the shoot, you'll be able to decorate your photo with frames and stickers. You'll also be able to show other players the photos you took through communication features. Taking a photo with a Pokémon also makes that Pokémon more affectionate toward you. As their affection toward you increases, your Pokémon will try to do even better than usual during battles. Strengthen your bonds with your Pokémon!
- New Z-Moves! - In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, the main character wears a Z-Ring in order to use Z-Moves. In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, the main character will put on a Z-Power Ring, which can use even more varieties of Z-Moves than the Z-Ring! And the games also feature new Z-Moves for certain Pokémon!
- What's a Z-Move? - Z-Moves are moves of tremendous power - so powerful that they can only be used once per battle. When a Trainer and their Pokémon combine the force of their wills, the full strength of their effort bursts forth in an epic Z-Move! All Pokémon can use Z-Moves. To use a Z-Move, you must have two key items: a Z-Power Ring and a Z-Crystal.
- New Look for a New Adventure - The look of the main characters' outfits has changed from the first trip through the Alola region - just in time for them to begin a new adventure! Choose the Pokémon that will become your partner, and set out on a journey through the world of Alola!